-created & compiled with love for your business-
I am not compensated in any way for my external recommendations. I just love & use them.
Created (by me) Resources:
Do You need to work on Marketing?
- How To Get Started On Marketing + Free Strategizing Worksheets
- How To Rebel Against Emotionally Manipulative Marketing
- How To Make A Big Impact With Little Money
Are you unsure about your vision?
Do you want to learn more about managing finances?
- Working Capital - What It Is & Why It Matters
- Overhead Costs - What They Are & How They Affect Your Bottom Line
- Variable Costs - What They Are & 5 Ways To Reduce Them Without Sacrificing Quality
- Break-Even Point - What It Is & How Managing It Can Make You Even More Profitable
- Cost-Volume-Profit Analysis - Part 1
- Cost-Volume-Profit Analysis - Part 2
Do you wonder why you aren't retaining customers?
ARE YOU WORKING ON HIRING?
- Why It's Not Best To Hire A Friend In Desperate Need Of A Job
- The Quickest Way To Disgruntle A New Hire
- 5 Points To Consider When Setting A Years Of Experience Requirement
- Why Your Business Doesn't Need Dispensable Workers
- 4 Reasons Why You Should Follow Up With Rejected Interviewees
is your thought process inhibiting your business?
- Progress Is Impossible Without Change
- Start Where You Are
- Why We Need Outsiders
- 6 Personal Qualities Required To Take The Road Less Traveled
- Why The Superior Way Is the One Less Traveled
- What You Do Isn't You
- How To Keep Your Ego From Tanking Your Business
- Oil For Your Stalled-Out Dream
- The One Thing Ruining Your Ability To Solve Your Business Problems
FOR GRAPHIC DESIGN AND IMAGES (FLYERS, BUSINESS CARDS, SOCIAL MEDIA, ETC.):
- For Graphic Design - Canva - awesome software that helps you create legit designs for web or print. (But don't use it for logo creation - read the terms.) My short tutorial - How To Make a Legit Blog Title Image in 10 Minutes or Less may be helpful to get you started.
- For Image Editing - Pic Monkey - cloud-based image editing software. This is a solid option for photo editing but I don't prefer it for design.
- For Royalty-Free Images - Pexels is becoming my favorite these days because it allows you to search for photos from a variety of image sources, including Gratisography and Unsplash. Death To The Stock Photo is another great source for quality royalty-free images. (Make sure you read the terms to ensure your use is allowed.)
This Week's Golds:
This Week's Gold is a weekly curated collection of gold I pick up as I travel around the Internet - click here to peruse over 20 weeks of gold.
SPECIFICALLY FOR TRIANGLE BUSINESS OWNERS:
- The NC Business Link hotline is an excellent resource.
- For organizing an LLC in NC - this document from the secretary of state is essential.
- Shop Local Raleigh is awesome.
- Some of my favorite places to work & meet people around the Triangle:
- Morning Times (Raleigh) - Love their upstairs space, especially for meeting more than 1 person.
- Brew (Raleigh) - I love the vibe here. Quality seems to be paramount. Free parking. A great place to meet to discuss non-propriety topics (their tables are really close). Also, their Mystic Mint tea is phenom.
- Ninth Street Coffee and Juice Bar (Durham) - This place just recently opened. Quiet lower floor, wifi and quality fuel - this is batting 1000 as far as I'm concerned.
- The Frontier (RTP - Durham) - Free wifi, free parking, plus it's uniquely decorated (they have a piece of the Berlin wall in there currently!). Done and done.